Home groups are groups of around ten people who meet during the week.
They give us the opportunity to ask questions and discover what the Bible means for our lives today. They provide a place we can get to know one another better, encourage and support each other as we grow in our Christian lives, and care for each other’s needs.
What happens in a home group?
At each meeting we have a time of worship, perhaps with some music, either listening or singing. We then look at the Bible together and discover how to apply it to our daily lives, before bringing one another’s needs to God in prayer. Meetings last around two hours and include time to catch up socially.
Confidentiality is important; everything that is said in the group stays in the group. This creates a very safe environment in which people can talk openly and honestly.
Why join a home group?
- To get to know other church members in a more informal setting. This enables us to form strong and genuine friendships with other Christians.
- To look at God’s word in more depth with more time for discussion. We can learn how to apply God’s word to our lives, and freely and openly ask questions.
- To pray for each other, the church, our neighbourhood and the world and to be encouraged as we see prayers answered.
- To build each other up, support and care for each other and grow in faith together.
- Our home groups usually follow the topic covered in the previous Sunday’s sermon. So come along, ask your questions, discuss your thoughts and grow as a person to fulfil God’s plan for you.
From September 2020, our topic will be Fruitfulness on the Frontline.
You may like to read the book Fruitfulness on the Frontline by Mark Greene.
Bible Passages and Notes
|1||The Big Picture||Colossians 1:15-20|
|2||Modelling Godly Character||Galatians 5:13-26|
|3||Making Good Work||Genesis 1,2|
|4||Ministering Grace and Love||Luke 10:25-37|
|5||Moulding Culture||Matthew 5:13-16|
|6||Mouthpiece for Truth and Justice||2 Samuel 12:1-13|
|7||Messenger of the Gospel||1 Peter 3:15,16|
|8||The Journey On||Matthew 28:16-20|
How do I join?
We would love every member of our church to join a home group. If you would like to join, please call the leader of the relevant session below to let them know you are coming and just turn up.